Birkhead et al. 2020: New insights from old eggs – the shape and thickness of Great Auk Pinguinus impennis eggs
datasetposted on 2020-03-03, 09:36 authored by Jamie Thompson, Timothy BirkheadTimothy Birkhead, Duncan Jackson, Marie AttardMarie Attard, Douglas G. D. Russell, Amin Garbout
Here, we make available the raw dataset (including shape indices and egg size measurements) used to statistically analyse and compare egg shape of the extinct Great Auk and its closely related sister species: Common Guillemot, Brünnich's Guillemot and Razorbill.
The dataset was used in Birkhead et al.'s (2020) Ibis manuscript intitled: New insights from old eggs – the shape and thickness of Great Auk Pinguinus impennis eggs (https://doi.org/10.1111/ibi.12820).
The Leverhulme Trust
- There is no personal data or any that requires ethical approval
- The data complies with the institution and funders' policies on access and sharing
Sharing and access restrictions
- The data can be shared openly
- The file formats are open or commonly used
Methodology, headings and units
- There is a readme.txt file describing the methodology, headings and units