Data for: Tropical forests are thermally buffered despite intensive selective logging
datasetposted on 2017-10-13, 13:36 authored by Rebecca Senior, Jane K. Hill, Suzan Benedick, David P. Edwards
Microclimate temperature for surface microclimates measured using a thermal camera, paired with macroclimate temperature and VPD measured using a whirling hygrometer.
Microclimate temperature for microclimates inside microhabitats (deadwood, tree holes and leaf litter), paired with macroclimate temperature and VPD, all measured using dataloggers.
Additional plot-level information: plot location and elevation; forest structure metrics (e.g. tree stand basal area); and microhabitat volume (per m^2 forest).
All variables in the main dataset are described in detail in the associated metadata file.
- There is no personal data or any that requires ethical approval
- The data complies with the institution and funders' policies on access and sharing
Sharing and access restrictions
- The data can be shared openly
- The file formats are open or commonly used
Methodology, headings and units
- Headings and units are explained in the files