Data for the paper: "Positive interactions of mechanical loading and PTH treatments on spatio-temporal bone remodelling"
datasetposted on 2021-09-27, 14:21 authored by Enrico Dall'AraEnrico Dall'Ara, Vee San Cheong
Data used in the paper : "Bone remodelling in the mouse tibia is spatio-temporally modulated by oestrogen deficiency and external mechanical loading: a combined in vivo/ in silico study"
VS Cheong, BC Roberts, V Kadirkamanathan, E Dall'Ara (2021)
published in Acta Biomaterialia
We share here an example of in vivo microCT images collected for a mouse that underwent the following interventions:
-ovariectomy at week 14 of age
- mechanical loading at week 19 and 21 of age.
- injections of Parathyroid hormone (PTH; 5 days per week) between weeks 18 and 22 of age
In vivo 3D microCT images of the mouse tibia have been acquired at week 14, 18, 20, and 22 of age.
The registered and cropped images are reported here.
In case the reader is interested in the whole database they should contact Dr Enrico Dall'Ara (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This work was supported by funding from the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) Frontier Multisim Grant (EP/K03877X/1 and EP/S032940/1) and the National Centre for the Replacement, Refinement and Reduction of Animals in Research (NC3Rs; NC/R001073/1).
- There is no personal data or any that requires ethical approval
- The data complies with the institution and funders' policies on access and sharing
Sharing and access restrictions
- The data can be shared openly
- The file formats are open or commonly used
Methodology, headings and units
- Headings and units are explained in the files