Data from "A method for low-cost, low-impact insect tracking using retroreflective tags"
datasetposted on 2021-05-23, 23:30 authored by Michael SmithMichael Smith
Data for the bumblebee tracking project, see paper for method details: "A method for low-cost, low-impact insect tracking using retroreflective tags".
- observations.sqlite3 = metadata from experiments. explained in readme.txt
- labelled.zip = labelled/tagged bee images.
- 20200802.zip, 20200803.zip, 20200805.zip - raw data from garden showing tagged bees.
- 20200803_small_imgs.zip - small images generated from the 20200803 dataset, to visualise easily the bee moving about.
- flightpathdata.zip - two sets of photos taken over the same time period, from two angles. A bee takes off & is visible in both, allowing the 3d path to be computed.
See readme.txt for details.
Eva Crane Trust
- There is no personal data or any that requires ethical approval
- The data complies with the institution and funders' policies on access and sharing
Sharing and access restrictions
- The data can be shared openly
- The file formats are open or commonly used
Methodology, headings and units
- Headings and units are explained in the files