Data set for: Compositional and rheological properties of gastropod locomotive mucus
Data from the publication Probing the compositional and rheological properties of gastropod locomotive mucus.
Data used to characterise gastropod locomotive mucus. UV-vis spectroscopy and TGA are presented to determine protein and total solids concentration, respectively. Rheological ramp temperature tests, and oscillatory tests are included too. This allows to link compositional, thermal and mechanical properties of gastropod locomotive mucus to analyse the role of mucins and their components to influence phenotype and functionality.
Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnología (CONACYT). Grant number: 472130. Mexico,and the UKRI EPSRC, project reference EP/K005693/1.
- There is no personal data or any that requires ethical approval
- The data complies with the institution and funders' policies on access and sharing
Sharing and access restrictions
- The data can be shared openly
- The file formats are open or commonly used
Methodology, headings and units
- Headings and units are explained in the files