Geomorphic map of Chukhung crater, central Tempe Terra, Mars (Shapefiles)
datasetposted on 2020-10-06, 15:58 authored by Frances ButcherFrances Butcher, Matt BalmeMatt Balme, Susan J. Conway, Colman Gallagher, Neil S. Arnold, Robert Storrar, Stephen LewisStephen Lewis, Axel Hagermann, Joel DavisJoel Davis
RAW MAP SHAPEFILES: GEOMORPHIC MAP OF CHUKHUNG CRATER, TEMPE TERRA, MARS.
Files are raw shapefiles for the geomorphic map of Chukhung crater published in:
Butcher, F. E. G., Balme, M. R., Conway, S. J., Gallagher, C., Arnold, N. S., Storrar, R. D., Lewis, S. R., Hagerman, A., and Davis, J. M., 2021, Sinuous ridges in Chukhung crater, Tempe Terra, Mars: Implications for fluvial, glacial, and glaciofluvial activity, Icarus, vol. 357, 114131. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.icarus.2020.114131
Files were generated using ESRI ArcGIS 10.7
Contact the lead author for assistance using these files.
FILES AND DESCRIPTIONS:
- Contains mapped polygons.
- The UnitAbbrev field in the attribute table (.dbf file) contains unit abbreviations as defined in the published paper.
- Contains the layer symbolisation information for ChukhungCrater_Units_Pgn.shp.
- Polygons are symbolised using the UnitAbbrev field.
- Contains structure digitised as polylines.
- The Structure field in the attribute table (.dbf file) contains Structure type (Crater wall valley or Small impact crater rim).
- Contains the layer symbolisation information for ChukhungCrater_Structure.shp.
- Polygons are symbolised using the Structure field.
Science and Technology Facilities Council: ST/N50421X/1
UK Space Agency: ST/L00643X/1
UK Space Agency: ST/R001413/1
UK Space Agency: ST/R001383/1
UK Space Agency: ST/R001405/1
UK Space Agency: ST/P001262/1
UK Space Agency: ST/S00145X/1
UK Space Agency: ST/R/001375
UK Space Agency: ST/R002355/1
French Space Agency, CNES
Palaeoglaciological advances to understand Earth’s ice sheets by landform analysis
European Research CouncilFind out more...
- There is no personal data or any that requires ethical approval
- The data complies with the institution and funders' policies on access and sharing
Sharing and access restrictions
- The data can be shared openly
- The file formats are open or commonly used
Methodology, headings and units
- There is a readme.txt file describing the methodology, headings and units