Geomorphic map of Chukhung crater, central Tempe Terra, Mars (Shapefiles)
datasetposted on 06.10.2020 by Frances Butcher, Matt Balme, Susan J. Conway, Colman Gallagher, Neil S. Arnold, Robert Storrar, Stephen Lewis, Axel Hagermann, Joel Davis
Datasets usually provide raw data for analysis. This raw data often comes in spreadsheet form, but can be any collection of data, on which analysis can be performed.
RAW MAP SHAPEFILES: GEOMORPHIC MAP OF CHUKHUNG CRATER, TEMPE TERRA, MARS.
Files are raw shapefiles for the geomorphic map of Chukhung crater published in:
Butcher, F. E. G., Balme, M. R., Conway, S. J., Gallagher, C., Arnold, N. S., Storrar, R. D., Lewis, S. R., Hagerman, A., and Davis, J. M., 2020, Sinuous ridges in Chukhung crater, Tempe Terra, Mars: Implications for fluvial, glacial, and glaciofluvial activity, Icarus, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.icarus.2020.114131
Files were generated using ESRI ArcGIS 10.7
Contact the lead author for assistance using these files.
FILES AND DESCRIPTIONS:
- Contains mapped polygons.
- The UnitAbbrev field in the attribute table (.dbf file) contains unit abbreviations as defined in the published paper.
- Contains the layer symbolisation information for ChukhungCrater_Units_Pgn.shp.
- Polygons are symbolised using the UnitAbbrev field.
- Contains structure digitised as polylines.
- The Structure field in the attribute table (.dbf file) contains Structure type (Crater wall valley or Small impact crater rim).
- Contains the layer symbolisation information for ChukhungCrater_Structure.shp.
- Polygons are symbolised using the Structure field.
Read the peer-reviewed publication
Science and Technology Facilities Council: ST/N50421X/1
UK Space Agency: ST/L00643X/1
UK Space Agency: ST/R001413/1
UK Space Agency: ST/R001383/1
UK Space Agency: ST/R001405/1
UK Space Agency: ST/P001262/1
UK Space Agency: ST/S00145X/1
UK Space Agency: ST/R/001375
UK Space Agency: ST/R002355/1
French Space Agency, CNES
Palaeoglaciological advances to understand Earth’s ice sheets by landform analysis
European Research CouncilFind out more...
EthicsThere is no personal data or any that requires ethical approval
PolicyThe data complies with the institution and funders' policies on access and sharing
Sharing and access restrictionsThe data can be shared openly
- The file formats are open or commonly used
Methodology, headings and units
- There is a readme.txt file describing the methodology, headings and units