Hadfield Green Roof 5-year Dataset
Data collected as part of the EU funded 'Collaborative research and development of green roof system technology' project from the Sheffield, UK, green roof testbeds.
Data includes 5 years of:
- Rainfall data (1-minute resolution)
- Green roof runoff data for 9 roof configurations (1-minute resolution)
- Soil moisture content at 3 depths for 4 roof configurations (5-minute resolution)
- Climate data sufficient to calculate FAO-56 Penman-Monteith (1-hour resolution)
Due to difficulties in monitoring testbed runoff, there are occasions where runoff data is considered invalid. A separate data-file indicates individual storm events where runoff data is considered to be valid.
The data has been used to produce the following publications:
- C Berretta, S Poë, V Stovin, 2014. 'Moisture content behaviour in extensive green roofs during dry periods: The influence of vegetation and substrate characteristics.' Journal of Hydrology 511, 374-386.
- V Stovin, S Poë, S De-Ville, and C Berretta, 2015. ‘The influence of substrate and vegetation configuration on green roof hydrological performance.’ Ecological Engineering, Vol. 85, 159-172.
- S De-Ville, M Menon, V Stovin, 2018. ‘Temporal variations in the potential hydrological performance of extensive green roof systems.’ Journal of Hydrology 558, 564-578.
Collaborative research and development of green roof system technology
European CommissionFind out more...
DTA - University of Sheffield
Engineering and Physical Sciences Research CouncilFind out more...
EthicsThere is no personal data or any that requires ethical approval
PolicyThe data complies with the institution and funders' policies on access and sharing
Sharing and access restrictionsThe data can be shared openly
- The file formats are open or commonly used
Methodology, headings and units
- There is a readme.txt file describing the methodology, headings and units