Hadfield Green Roof 5-year Dataset
Data collected as part of the EU funded 'Collaborative research and development of green roof system technology' project from the Sheffield, UK, green roof testbeds.
Data includes 5 years of:
- Rainfall data (1-minute resolution)
- Green roof runoff data for 9 roof configurations (1-minute resolution)
- Soil moisture content at 3 depths for 4 roof configurations (5-minute resolution)
- Climate data sufficient to calculate FAO-56 Penman-Monteith (1-hour resolution)
Due to difficulties in monitoring testbed runoff, there are occasions where runoff data is considered invalid. A separate data-file indicates individual storm events where runoff data is considered to be valid.
The data has been used to produce the following publications:
- C Berretta, S Poë, V Stovin, 2014. 'Moisture content behaviour in extensive green roofs during dry periods: The influence of vegetation and substrate characteristics.' Journal of Hydrology 511, 374-386.
- V Stovin, S Poë, S De-Ville, and C Berretta, 2015. ‘The influence of substrate and vegetation configuration on green roof hydrological performance.’ Ecological Engineering, Vol. 85, 159-172.
- S De-Ville, M Menon, V Stovin, 2018. ‘Temporal variations in the potential hydrological performance of extensive green roof systems.’ Journal of Hydrology 558, 564-578.
Collaborative research and development of green roof system technology
European CommissionFind out more...
DTA - University of Sheffield
Engineering and Physical Sciences Research CouncilFind out more...
- There is no personal data or any that requires ethical approval
- The data complies with the institution and funders' policies on access and sharing
Sharing and access restrictions
- The data can be shared openly
- The file formats are open or commonly used
Methodology, headings and units
- There is a readme.txt file describing the methodology, headings and units