Iceland (Makerspaces in the Early Years)
datasetposted on 2020-04-24, 10:55 authored by Dr Sólveig Jakobsdóttir, Dr Margrét E. Ólafsdóttir, Þórdís Sævarsdóttir, Dr Svanborg R. Jónsdóttir, Kristín Dýrfjörð, Skúlína H. Kjartansdóttir, Dr Torfi Hjartarson, Anna Elisa Hreiðarsdóttir, Svava PétursdóttirSvava Pétursdóttir
There were four projects undertaken in Iceland. The first was an observation of makerspaces run by Innoent which involved children from mixed ages, from 5-10, but the focus for the observations was the children under eight. The second was a pre-school involving nine children aged 5 and 6, in which children’s coding activities were observed. The third case study took place in a school and involved observations of ten children aged 7 who were involved in a Minecraft club. The final project involved interviews with 8 teachers of 17 children aged 6-8, who developed makerspaces in their schools.
Anonymised field notes and transcribed interviews are available in the repository.
MAKERSPACES IN THE EARLY YEARS: ENHANCING DIGITAL LITERACY AND CREATIVITY (MakEY)
European CommissionFind out more...
- The project has ethical approval and have included the number in the description field
- The data complies with the institution and funders' policies on access and sharing
Sharing and access restrictions
- The data can be shared openly
- The file formats are open or commonly used
Methodology, headings and units
- There is a readme.txt file describing the methodology, headings and units