Impacts of extraction for commercial use or trade on species abundance
datasetposted on 2021-02-15, 16:54 authored by Oscar Morton, David Edwards, Brett R. Scheffers, Torbjorn Haugaasen
Data collected from a thorough literature search assessing the impact of commercial use (not subsistence consumption) on species abundance. All comparisons are treatment vs control - sites that are under extractive pressure vs those that are not, we did not include presence/absence data or comparisons through time.
Search covered all WoS databases, SCOPUS, Google Scholar, eTheses repositories etc. Data extracted and supplemented with species IUCN information, bodymass and georeferenced study site coordinates.
The attached README.txt document gives further detail on the columns present in the data.
Currently used in a meta-analysis.
- There is no personal data or any that requires ethical approval
- The data complies with the institution and funders' policies on access and sharing
Sharing and access restrictions
- The data can be shared openly
- The file formats are open or commonly used
Methodology, headings and units
- There is a readme.txt file describing the methodology, headings and units