In-Air Hand-Drawn Number and Shape Dataset
datasetposted on 2020-10-19, 08:59 authored by Basheer Alwaely, Charith AbhayaratneCharith Abhayaratne
This dataset contains in-air hand-written numbers and shapes data used in the paper:
B. Alwaely and C. Abhayaratne, "Graph Spectral Domain Feature Learning With Application to in-Air Hand-Drawn Number and Shape Recognition," in IEEE Access, vol. 7, pp. 159661-159673, 2019, doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2950643.
The dataset contains the following:
- InAirNumberShapeDataset.zip containing
-Number Folder (With 2 sub folders for Matlab and Excel)
-Shapes Folder (With 2 sub folders for Matlab and Excel)
The datasets include the in-air drawn number and shape hand movement path captured by a Kinect sensor. The number sub dataset includes 500 instances per each number 0 to 9, resulting in a total of 5000 number data instances. Similarly, the shape sub dataset also includes 500 instances per each shape for 10 different arbitrary 2D shapes, resulting in a total of 5000 shape instances. The dataset provides X, Y, Z coordinates of the hand movement path data in Matlab (M-file) and Excel formats and their corresponding labels.
This dataset creation has received The University of Sheffield ethics approval under application #023005 granted on 19/10/2018.
- The project has ethical approval and have included the number in the description field
- The data complies with the institution and funders' policies on access and sharing
Sharing and access restrictions
- The data can be shared openly
- The file formats are open or commonly used
Methodology, headings and units
- Headings and units are explained in the files