Measurement of ductions and fields of Binocular Single Vision (BSV): Orthoptic practice in the UK and Ireland. Questionnaire data- raw and following consistency assessment.
An online questionnaire was distributed to 1290 Orthoptists in the UK and Ireland in February 2019 via the British and Irish Orthoptic Society (BIOS) members’ email distribution list and subsequently in the BIOS e-newsletter (Parallel Vision). The questionnaire comprised of 21 questions (10 mandatory), regarding the: measurement methods used, frequency of assessment, factors limiting measurement, and orthoptists’ views of the importance of quantitively measuring ductions and fields of BSV.
The research was approved by the University of Sheffield, Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Ethics Committee. An introductory paragraph explained that by completing the questionnaire participants consented to their data being used anonymously and for the purpose of research. This research adhered to the declaration of Helsinki.
Manchester Academy for Healthcare Scientist Education (MAHSE)
- The project has ethical approval and have included the number in the description field
- The data complies with the institution and funders' policies on access and sharing
Sharing and access restrictions
- The data can be shared openly
- The file formats are open or commonly used
Methodology, headings and units
- Headings and units are explained in the files