PTV and Video data underpinning "An experimental study of the flow induced by the motion of a hinged door separating two rooms"
datasetposted on 2017-12-22, 10:21 authored by Ilias Papakonstantis, Elizabeth HathwayElizabeth Hathway, Wernher BrevisWernher Brevis
Data is provided here that underpins "An experimental study of the flow induced by the motion of a hinged door separating two rooms". Building and Environment (In press). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.buildenv.2017.12.026
This is an experimental study of the flow between two rooms due to a door motion. Filtered PTV data is available for three experiments quantifying the velocity across the doorway. Also provided are the flow visualization videos, using dye in water, showing the flow patterns as the door moves. The Readme file provides further details the files available here. The paper provides full experimental details.
- There is no personal data or any that requires ethical approval
- The data complies with the institution and funders' policies on access and sharing
Sharing and access restrictions
- The data can be shared openly
- The file formats are open or commonly used
Methodology, headings and units
- There is a readme.txt file describing the methodology, headings and units