ScANT: A Small Corpus of Scene-Annotated Narrative Texts
This is a corpus of text from a children's story, and novels from Project Gutenberg (an online library of free eBooks). Selected chapters from Bunnies from the Future (a children's story), The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (WOZ), Pride and Prejudice, The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, A Tale of Two Cities, and The Great Gatsby were annotated into scene descriptive segments (SDSs).
Extracts from Bunnies from the Future are used with the author's permission.
- The project has ethical approval and the number is included in the description field
- The data complies with the institution and funders' policies on access and sharing
Sharing and access restrictions
- The data can be shared openly
- The file formats are open or commonly used
Methodology, headings and units
- There is a file including methodology, headings and units, such as a readme.txt