Surface Velocity Fields from Experiments in Flow Through Emergent Vegetation
datasetposted on 2021-09-06, 10:01 authored by Jesus Corredor Garcia, Alexandre Delalande, Virginia StovinVirginia Stovin, Ian GuymerIan Guymer
This dataset includes the velocity information used for the analysis presented in the paper
Corredor-Garcia J.L., Delalande A., Stovin V., Guymer I. (2020) On the Use of Surface PIV for the Characterization of Wake Area in Flows Through Emergent Vegetation.
In: Kalinowska M., Mrokowska M., Rowiński P. (eds) Recent Trends in Environmental Hydraulics. GeoPlanet: Earth and Planetary Sciences. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-37105-0_4
The dataset includes the spatial and temporal velocity information from a series of experiments of flow through emergent vegetation, using Surface PIV.
The datafiles save the velocity information, spatial coordinates, masks (vegetation) and temporal information as matrices in a series of .mat files (i.e. binary MATLAB® files that store workspace variables)
- There is no personal data or any that requires ethical approval
- The data complies with the institution and funders' policies on access and sharing
Sharing and access restrictions
- The data can be shared openly
- The file formats are open or commonly used
Methodology, headings and units
- Headings and units are explained in the files
- There is a readme.txt file describing the methodology, headings and units