The Middle Devonian palynology and biostratigraphy of northern Spain - Count data
datasetposted on 2018-12-18, 16:33 authored by Alexander Askew
Excel workbook including raw count data (frequencies) and the quantitative values adjusted to number per gram of rock processed.
Data were gathered by counting palynomorphs previously strew-mounted on glass slides and viewed using a microscope. 200 specimens were counted in each slide; additional taxa were recorded as rare and denoted '+'. The samples were spiked with modern Lycopodium spores for quantitative analysis. The number of Lycopodium encountered during the 200 count was recorded and used to calculate the quantitative value.
ACCE DTP scholarship (Grant no. X/008677-12-1)
- There is no personal data or any that requires ethical approval
- The data complies with the institution and funders' policies on access and sharing
Sharing and access restrictions
- The data can be shared openly
- The file formats are open or commonly used
Methodology, headings and units
- There is a readme.txt file describing the methodology, headings and units