Bitesize Webinar: Creative Commons Licences
Recording of a bitesize webinar held at the University of Sheffield on 7th June 2023.
Speaker: Andrew Johnson, Scholarly Communications Librarian (Copyright and Licensing)
Summary: Creative Commons celebrated 20 years of issuing licences in 2022. This webinar will look at a brief history of the Commons and licences before looking in more detail at the licence terms and how these combine and work within existing copyright law. We will also look at what the licences do and do not allow, and see how they support the broader open access movement.
Licence layer image © 2011 Creative Commons, Nathan Yergler, Alex Roberts. Licensed to the public under CC BY 3.0 Unported (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/).
- There is no personal data or any that requires ethical approval
- The data complies with the institution and funders' policies on access and sharing
Sharing and access restrictions
- The data can be shared openly
- The file formats are open or commonly used
Methodology, headings and units
- Headings and units are explained in the files