Data from "Modelling calibration uncertainty in networks of environmental sensors"
A set of (slow motion) videos of bumblebees taken around 2020. Dataset also contains a CSV file with citizen science guesses as to the species in each, guesses by a neural network and a ground truth (from an expert).
The videos (are stored in the set of zip files, to make it
easier to download/upload.
- taken using smart phones with slow motion mode.
- codec: H.264 (High Profile).
- 1280 × 720.
The CSV file contains the following headers:
> video -- the filename of the video (see in zip files)
> person 1..person 5 -- the guesses by each individual as to the species. No entry means they didn't guess for that entry.
> CNN -- the guesses by the convolutional neural network*
> ground truth -- the guess by an expert.
Most entries are either blank or the scientific name for a species. There is also 'whitebuff' -- which means that bee was either Bombus terrestris or one of the Bombus lucorum species, but are very often too difficult to distinguish in the field, so have been combined.
* For how these predictions were made, see Ollett, J. (2021) Bumblebee classiﬁcation with convolutional neural networks. Undergraduate final year dissertation, University of Sheﬃeld.
EthicsThere is no personal data or any that requires ethical approval
PolicyThe data complies with the institution and funders' policies on access and sharing
Sharing and access restrictionsThe data can be shared openly
- The file formats are open or commonly used
Methodology, headings and units
- Headings and units are explained in the files