Library bitesize webinar: Introduction to the Secure Data Services
Recording of the session 'Introduction to the Secure Data Services' given by the Secure Data Service team at the University of Sheffield (organised by the University Library, Scholoary Communications Team).
The session gave a overview of the new Secure Data Service (SDS) by University IT Services. It covers:
- The SDS team and collaborators
- The premise of the service and what it does and how it helps facilitate researchers with their data, particularly sensitive data.
- The cloud computing environment and set up.
- The triaging process of data to the right environment.
- Underlying security and governance.
- University of Sheffield Office for National Statistics Assured Organisational Connectivity agreements.
- There is no personal data or any that requires ethical approval
- The data complies with the institution and funders' policies on access and sharing
Sharing and access restrictions
- The data can be shared openly
- The file formats are open or commonly used
Methodology, headings and units
- Headings and units are explained in the files