Unleash Your Data and Software Project Showcase 1 (OpenFest Session Recording)
Session at OpenFest 2022 showcasing projects emerging from the University of Sheffield's 2022 'Unleash your Data and Software' funding competition for funding to make data/software more FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Reusable):
- Michael Pidd (Digital Humanities Institute) - 3D Polygon Models of five Cistercian Abbeys in Yorkshire
- Joao Duro (ACSE) - SIPHER Project: Open-Source Release of the Decision Support Tool
- Neil Shephard (Computer Science/Biosciences) - Improving Open Source PGFinder Software for the Structural Analysis of Peptidoglycan - SLIDES ONLY - download the html file and it will then open in a browser.
A two-day programme of talks, panel discussions and project showcases, OpenFest provided an opportunity for University of Sheffield researchers and information/software professionals to explore a range of issues around open research, including OA monograph publishing, Open Educational Resources, FAIR data and software, open qualitative research and software licensing.
- There is no personal data or any that requires ethical approval
- The data complies with the institution and funders' policies on access and sharing
Sharing and access restrictions
- The data can be shared openly
- The file formats are open or commonly used
Methodology, headings and units
- Headings and units are explained in the files