Open Research Conversation: Affordable Access and Publishing
presentationposted on 2021-03-09, 17:59 authored by Stephen PinfieldStephen Pinfield, Peter BarrPeter Barr, Glenn WallerGlenn Waller, Rosie HigmanRosie Higman
This event includes talks and discussions about how to make scholarly publishing affordable for both readers and authors.
The cost of publishing in and accessing scholarly publications has risen considerably in recent years, with prestige journals setting article processing charges as high as £8000. We will look at what can be done to ensure that publishing remains an option for all researchers, regardless of funding, and ask what will happen if we say ‘no’ to price increases and cancel journal subscriptions.
Stephen Pinfield, Information School
Peter Barr, University Library
Glenn Waller, Psychology
Slides and recording from the online event on March 9th 2021
- There is no personal data or any that requires ethical approval
- The data complies with the institution and funders' policies on access and sharing
Sharing and access restrictions
- The data can be shared openly
- The file formats are open or commonly used
Methodology, headings and units
- Headings and units are explained in the files