Open Research Conversation: Unpacking Open Monographs
presentationposted on 2020-12-10, 16:05 authored by Petherbridge, Kate, John MorelandJohn Moreland
Materials presented at the Open Research Conversation on Unpacking Open Monographs on 10th December 2020.
Whilst Open Access to research articles is now well-established, the move to make monographs publicly available is taking longer. Monographs come with different challenges relating to image rights and the costs of publishing longform research, but an increasing number of monographs are being made openly available. Open monographs are included in the Plan S principles, backed by many funders, and are a major part of the current UKRI Open Access review. This conversation will include talks from both researcher and publisher perspectives and plenty of time for discussion and questions.
- There is no personal data or any that requires ethical approval
- The data complies with the institution and funders' policies on access and sharing
Sharing and access restrictions
- The data can be shared openly
- The file formats are open or commonly used
Methodology, headings and units
- Headings and units are explained in the files