Policy Briefing: The benefits of a community-oriented approach to surface water management
This Policy Briefing summarises the findings of a research project studying community engagement in adaptation to climate change through surface water management. The project was conducted between 2020 and 2023. The Briefing begins by describing the problem of disconnected and fragmented infrastructure before summarising our finding that the exclusion of ordinary people represents a missed opportunity for the integration of more distributed form of water management. The Briefing then presents some of our key practitioner-focused publications.
Ethical approval was obtained for the work described here via ethical approval 036544
Mobilising Adaptation: Governance of Infrastructure through Coproduction (Topic B)
Natural Environment Research CouncilFind out more...
- The project has ethical approval and the number is included in the description field
- The data complies with the institution and funders' policies on access and sharing
Sharing and access restrictions
- The data can be shared openly
- The file formats are open or commonly used
Methodology, headings and units
- Headings and units are explained in the files