Impact Of Burning Allotment Waste on Sheffield’s Air Quality
MSc Dissertation in Ecology and Conservation by Isabel Navarro-Law (supervised by Dr Maria Val Martin) at School of Biosciences, University of Sheffield, July 2022.
The MSc thesis presents the first study that investigated how small scale waste fires at the Heeley and Meersbrook allotments affect PM2.5 concentrations in residential areas in Sheffield. The project analyzed PM2.5 data from low-cost sensors and surveyed residents and allotment holders to understand public perception of fire, PM2.5 pollution and the introduction of a full year fire ban. The project had ethical approval by the University (047495).
- The project has ethical approval and the number is included in the description field
- The data complies with the institution and funders' policies on access and sharing
Sharing and access restrictions
- The data can be shared openly
- The file formats are open or commonly used
Methodology, headings and units
- Headings and units are explained in the files